Here’s a few Pattaya quiz questions, with answers. Further down the page are some unanswered trivia questions about Pattaya because, well, I don’t have the answers, but maybe you do.
Question 1: In what year did Pattaya become a self-administrating municipality?
Question 2: Which road in Pattaya is also called 1st Road?
Question 3: What is the name of the famous wooden building in Naklua?
Question 4: The family that own Siam Country Club in Pattaya founded Thailand’s first manufacturing plant for which famous car maker?
Question 5: What is the popular nickname given to East Pattaya?
Question 6: Which popular Pattaya street is also known as Soi Yodsak?
Question 7: What caused the death of 91 people in Jomtien on July 11, 1997?
Question 8: Which was the first go-go bar to open in Pattaya?
Question 9: Which was the first hotel in Pattaya?
Question 10: Which was the first disco/nightclub to open in Pattaya?
Question 11: What type of place was Pattaya known as until the 1960s?
Question 12: What was the first ladyboy cabaret show in Pattaya?
Question 13: From where/what does Pattaya take its name from?
Question 14: What was the year, reportedly, that American troops first visited Pattaya during the Vietnam war?
- Pattaya became a self-administrating municilality in 1978
- Pattaya Beach Road
- The Sanctuary of Truth
- Nissan, back in 1952. If you head up Soi Siam Country Club Road you’ll find Siam Motors and Cherdchoomit Garden, a museum-style public park featuring a train, a plane, and old automobiles, a gift to the public to celebrate the acheivements of Siam Motors.
- The Dark Side, because it was poorly lit due to lack of street lighting
- Soi 6, it’s also known as Soi Half-a-dozen, Soi Sukapluk, and Soi Filth
- A fire at the Royal Jomtien Resort Hotel. So far, it’s the worst recorded disaster in Pattaya.
- Tahitian Queen, it opened in 1978
- Nipa Lodge Hotel, now named Basaya Beach Hotel
- Marine Disco on Walking Street, reportedly
- Pattaya was a sleepy fishing village. Imagine that!
- Tiffany’s show, it reportedly started as a one man show on New Year’s Eve 1978
- According to Wikepedia it’s the name of the wind blowing from the south-west to the north-east at the beginning of the rainy season
- According to Wikipedia, it was 1959. The rest is history, as they say
Unanswered Questions About Pattaya
The questions below, I have no answers to; this is a quest to find historical facts and figures about Pattaya. If you would like to answer one of these questions about Pattaya, please use the comments form at the bottom of the page.
Question 1: Where and when did the first 7-Eleven open in Pattaya?
Question 2: Which was the first foreign food restaurant in Pattaya?
Question 3: What is the oldest Indian restaurant in Pattaya?
Question 4: Which was the first air conditioned theme pub or sports bar in Pattaya?
Question 5: Where are the oldest buildings, or where is the oldest settlement in Pattaya?
Question 6: Which was the first metalled or surfaced road in Pattaya?
Question 7: Who was the first foreigner to open a business in Pattaya?
Question 8: Which was the first foreign organization or club to form in Pattaya?
Question 9: What was the first website about Pattaya?
Question 10: Which was the first beer bar complex in Pattaya?
Question 11: Where and when did the first cinema open in Pattaya
Thanks for joining in. Do you want to try a Thailand General Knowledge Quiz.