Jomtien Beach is one of the most popular beaches in Pattaya, if not “the most popular” beach in Pattaya. Jomtien consists mainly of hotels, condos and restaurants, there are beer bars and gogo bars but they are concentrated in the sois of North Jomtien Beach Road and Thappraya Road, this makes Jomtien more suited to families and couples, and gives Jomtien a quieter, more gentle atmosphere than Pattaya.
About Jomtien Beach.
- Jomtien Beach is the longest beach in the immediate vicinity of Pattaya.
- Jomtien Beach is a little over 5 kilometers long.
- It is the most accessible beach in Pattaya.
Why is Jomtien Beach so popular.
- The number one reason why Jomtien Beach is so popular is because it is convenient, you can drive to Jomtien Beach and hardly ever struggle to find a parking space (see photo above), this makes it very convenient for families, and indeed for anyone who wishes to drive to the beach, Pattaya Beach has no such parking facilities.
- Traffic on Jomtien Beach Road is considerably less hectic than on Pattaya Beach Road.
- It is a favored weekend destination for for Thais from Bangkok.
- Jomtien has a less seedy atmosphere than Pattaya, this makes Jomtien Beach a more popular family destination.
- Lots of beach activities.
- It’s a long beach so there’s more than enough room for everyone.
- Food and drink available on the beach and in the many seafood restaurants on Jomtien Beach Road.
Jomtien beach regularly hosts beach football and beach volleyball (see photo above) events, regular beach activities include Jet Ski hire, Banana Boats, rubber ring for hire and swimming, there are many safe swimming zones free from boat traffic and Jet Skis making it ideal for children to paddle.
It’s deck chair and parasols galore on Jomtien Beach, very similar to Pattaya Beach but you will find some areas where it is not quite as congested, especially towards the southern end of Jomtien Beach.
There is a nice tree lined promenade footpath with sitting areas (pictured above), this does eventually narrow to a single roadside footpath as the beach itself narrows at the southern end.
Okay so it’s not Phi Phi, and I think their are more picturesque beaches in Pattaya but if you want convenience, somewhere to sit, eat and drink and have a little fun, you can’t go wrong on Jomtien Beach.
This picture (see above) is from southern end of Jomtien Beach, it gets so narrow down this end that it becomes unusable at high tide. There is an abundance of seafood restaurants at this end though, many of them set tables on the footpath overlooking the sea, should make for a nice dining ambiance at night.
Opinion of Jomtien Beach.
Jomtien Beach is a busy beach with many deck chair areas to choose from, the seats tend to be a little too close together but you can find some pitches further south where it is not quite as congested.
If you have a family and it’s easier for you to drive to the beach, Jomtien is perfect, especially if Grandma wants to come along. You can park right on the beach road and find some seats just meters away.