Vientiane is currently my favorite restaurant on the Dark-side (East Pattaya), and so long as the standards and ambiance remain the same, it probably always will be. Vientiane restaurant has a lot going for it, beautiful scenic setting, great food, superb service, friendly staff, and a wonderful ambiance.
Vientiane restaurant is built on what was formerly a fishing park, 3 of the 4 dining areas are wooden structures on stilts, directly over the water, making for a scenic, authentic Thai setting. The Vientiane’s menu includes dishes from Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, and enough western dishes to keep everyone happy. The Vientiane restaurant is large and roomy, the 4 dining areas have an estimated total seating capacity of around 200. One of the best things about this restaurant is the feeling of space, you never feel crowded out or imposed upon.
The ambiance is friendly and inviting, a clinking of forks and spoons, chinking of glasses, distant conversation and popular 1960’s music played just loud enough to hear without having to raise your voice. The staff are always friendly and willing, your glass is always full, and the service is prompt. One last plus, there is a large parking area right in front of the restaurant.
Vientiane menu and prices.
The list (below) is just a small sample of menu items and prices, obviously these prices are subject to change, but they are correct at the time of writing, which is October 2014.
- Sautéed Rock Lobster with garlic and black pepper 400 baht.
- Rock Lobster Thermidor 400 baht.
- Spicy grilled river prawn topped with chilli 380 baht.
- Serpent Head fish 380 baht.
- Steamed Sea Bass with lemon chilli sauce 400 baht.
- Deep fried minced fish cakes 180 baht.
- Chicken, Tomato, Mushroom or Spinach soup 80 baht.
- Pork fillet with mushroom sauce 280 baht.
- Grilled pork chop, salad, sautéed vegetables and French fries 280 baht.
- Deep fried fish fillet in batter, salad, coleslaw and French fries 280 baht.
- Fillet mignon, salad, vegetables, French fries or baked potato 295 baht.
- Large Heineken 130 baht.
- Large Leo 110 baht.
- Large Chang 100 baht.
- Wine by the glass 150 baht.
- Cocktails 150 baht.
- Irish coffee 180 baht.
Vientiane restaurant is on Soi Nernplubwan, from the Sukhumvit highway it is approximately 3 kilometers, situated on the left side. You can easily locate, and get directions to Vientiane restaurant using this map.