On this page you can learn how to get discounted entry/admission tickets to Khao Kheow Zoo, what it’s all about, and a few photos from our first visit to Khao Kheow Zoo.
Address of Khao Kheow Open Zoo.
235 Moo 7, Tumbom Bang Phra,
Umphur Sri Racha, Chon Buri.
Khao Kheow Open Zoo Opening hours.
Khao kheow Zoo opens from 8am – 6pm every day “0800 – 1800”.
The Khao Kheow Night Safari runs twice nightly at 7pm and 8pm.
Khao Kheow Open Zoo Admission Fee
- Adult foreigner (farang) = 300 Thai Baht.
- Foreigner with Thai driving license = 100 Thai Baht.
- Thai Adult = 70 Thai Baht.
- Children under 90cm = free
- Car = 50 Thai Baht.
Check the current status and opening times, read real user reviews, and get discounted tickets and entry to attractions, activities, tours and all the best things to do in Pattaya.
About Khao Kheow Open Zoo.
Khao Kheow Open Zoo was first opened to the public in 1978 and covers a total area of 2000 acres, making this probably the largest tourist attraction within easy reach of Pattaya. The Open Zoo is located inside the Khao Kheow-Khao Chom Puo Wildlife Sanctuary
which offers a magnificent natural backdrop of beautiful rainforest-covered hills.
There are over 300 species of animal at Khao Kheow Open Zoo, including Hippos, Giraffes, Rhino, Elephant, Hyena, Tapir, Wilde beast, Snakes, Tigers, Lions, Flamingo and a whole lot more. The animals are kept in their own separate compounds which are styled to represent the animal’s natural environment and allow easy viewing. You can feed most of the animals, food can be bought from a long row of stalls on your right-hand side as you drive into khao Kheow Zoo, you are advised not to feed the monkeys, these are roaming around freely in large packs and are likely to get over boisterous.
You can choose to walk around, drive your own car around, hire one of the electric cars for 200 Thai Baht or use the free open bus service. We chose to walk, but this was a bit tiring for the children, but we did manage to get around and see almost everything except for the big cats. Electric cars look like the best option for getting around, giving you total freedom and ease of use. When we were going round the free buses seemed to be taken by the many coach parties that arrive at the zoo, and none offered to stop. Public toilets are plentiful but take your own toilet paper. Refreshments are available at various places around Khao Kheow and there are 2 restaurants on the left side as you enter Khao Kheow Zoo.
What else is there to do at Khao Kheow Zoo.
- Journey to the jungle. Animal shows including Tigers, Pigs, Hyenas, and Otters. Showtimes 1100 – 1140, 1310 – 1350, 1510 – 1550
- Wild Khao Kheow: Get up close to the animals including the Orang Utan at Khao Kheow Zoo, also presentation and photo opportunities.
- Tarzan Swing: A zip line ride across the lake for 90 Baht.
- Night Safari: 40-minute open bus tour at night. Runs at 7pm and 8pm.
- Flight of the Gibbon. Nearly 2 miles of zip line ride through the tree canopies.
- Hotel and camping accommodation.
- Elephant trekking.
- The second-largest Bird Aviary in Asia: This is a huge dome-shaped aviary with high walkways. Be very careful if you have children with you.
Tread carefully, try and stick to the paths and avoid walking through dense vegetation, remember Khao Kheow is situated in a National Park area where wildlife is abundant. I don’t know if this snake (photo above) is poisonous or not, never the less he was roaming around freely and was hard to see.
More Pattaya Tourist Attractions
Want to see more Pattaya Tourist Attractions ?,The tropical gardens of Nong Nooch Pattaya have lots to offer including Elephant shows. See Thailand and the rest of the World in Miniature at Mini Siam Pattaya. Discover the tale of the Three Kingdoms at the Three Kingdoms Park in Pattaya.One of the newest and most popular Pattaya tourist attractions is Pattaya Floating Market