Need help finding and booking a hotel in Pattaya ?. This Pattaya hotel and accommodation booking guide will provide you with essential money saving tips by showing you where and how to get the cheapest and best value for money hotel and accommodation deals in Pattaya.
Best Place to Search for Hotels in Pattaya
There’s a few important things to consider when choosing a booking site to search for hotels in Pattaya. Most Importantly to improve your chances of finding suitable accommodation at the right price you need to use the site with the largest listing of hotel in Pattaya. I would say the second most important consideration is lots of genuine hotel reviews. A smooth, fast, easy to use interface with multiple search filters is also important.
With over 2,300 hotels, resorts, guest houses, serviced apartments and rental accommodations listed in Pattaya, Agoda ticks all the appropriate boxes, and is the best place to search for suitable accommodation even if you do not with to book through them..
How to Find the Cheapest Hotel Rates in Pattaya
First of all you’re going to search Agoda for suitable hotels in Pattaya, once you find your ideal hotel on Agoda you are going to compare the price against the best price found on HotelsCombined which searches all the major booking sites to find the lowest available rates.
IMPORTANT: to view the lowest rates (insider deals) on Agoda you must login or sign up the first time you click through. You must also remember the Agoda member deals will not be visible when you search HotelsCombined, this is why you need to search Agoda as a member first.
Enter your arrival and departure dates. From my own experience I have found rates on Agoda reduce on a daily basis when booking multiple days. Example, the room rate for 1 to 5 days may be the same daily rate, then rates often reduce for every additional day.
Enter the number of guests. If you are traveling as a family with children or as a group, Agoda will direct your search results to show the most appropriate room type first.
Use the search filters to help find a hotel which fits your criteria. You can set the filters to search specific areas of Pattaya, by price, review rating and to choose certain facilities, amenities and services such as swimming pool, bar, restaurant, babysitting service and so on.
Reviews are Important. On Agoda you can select your review type, say you are traveling as a family, you can set your search to show reviews by families with young children or families with teens. There are also review filters for solo traveler, groups, couples and business travelers.
Choose your hotel. Remember the room type, price and booking conditions. To view the final price on Agoda just click on the book button, the total cost including all taxes will be shown on the booking page.
Compare prices on Hotels Combined. Enter the same hotel name, arrival and departure dates, and the number of guests as entered for your search on Agoda. HotelsCombined will search all the top booking sites for deals, now simply compare the best available deal for your chosen hotel against the rate you found on Agoda.
Start searching Agoda for hotels in Pattaya
Agoda Booking Tips
I found some issues which left me a little confused while searching Agoda, and so I emailed them my questions. You can see my questions and the answers from Agoda, below.
Question 1. Maximum occupancy: while searching hotels for 2 adults and 1 child I see results for rooms with an optional extra bed, and then some rooms without the extra bed option. Are those rooms without the extra bed option strictly for a maximum of 2 occupants even if the hotel policy states children may share the same bedding ?
Agoda response. Yes, if there is no option to add extra bed, which means that the maximum number of occupancy for that room is strictly for 2 Adults only. If hotel further states on their policy that child with certain age may stay for free if use the existing bedding, means that bringing child along will be alright, as long as no extra Adults.
Question 2. Some results are a little confusing: I see some search results show a family room with 2 double beds, but it states a maximum occupancy 2 adults, is it safe to book this room type for 4 people.?
Agoda response. As long as it allows you to book it for 4 people, then it is safe to do so. Kindly note to always double check the booking details before proceeding with the payment page.
Question 3. Advance booking periods: is there any recommended period for advance booking, example, is it cheaper to book say 6 months in advance ?
Agoda response. Agoda.com does not have specific time frame for booking periods as price goes up and down, depends on the season and hotel management itself. However, Agoda.com offers its “Best Price Guarantee” policy, which means that if you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda.com and can show us that you are able to book ….
- The same room
- For the same dates
- With the exact same conditions at a lower rate
We will either match that rate or beat it, which means that our customer can always enjoy the lowest rate offered in the market.
More Agoda Booking Tips
book 5 days plus to get bigger discounts, when booking more than 5 days I noticed the discount increased from 40 to 45 percent, booking 21 days and more saw the rates reduce again to the “super saver” rate which decreases even more for every additional night you book.
You can book up to 30 nights, after that you must make a new booking.
Agoda may tell you the hotel is not available on your chosen dates. Quite often the reason for that is “the same room type is not available for your chosen dates”. Example, while I was checking rates for a 20 period at the LK Empress, in this case the dates were October 20th to November 10th, I was informed that no rooms were available for that period.
If you are prepared to swap rooms at some point you may be able to fix this issue by making 2 separate bookings for 2 different room types.
Start by shortening the duration of your stay to 1 or 2 days, you should now find the hotel has rooms available. Now keep adding additional days to your search until no rooms become available.
If you search again from the date no rooms became available, you should once again find rooms available, but a different room type. Remember to book your second period starting the day you checkout from your first period.
when booking for a child sharing existing bedding there is no charge. The only charge is for the optional extra bed. If you do book an extra bed and the room includes breakfast, then an extra breakfast is usually included.
Select “extra bed” option then cover with your mouse, it will tell you if the extra bed is optional or mandatory. You can also find this included in the hotel policy information.
Very few hotels have discounts for single occupancy, you book for 2 people regardless of checking in alone.
Booking in advance allows you more favorable cancellation terms, and quite often a larger choice of deals.
Booking With The Hotel
Booking direct with the hotel. It’s always worth checking the rate direct with the hotel if they have a website and safe booking facility. I did my own price comparison of over 60 hotels in Pattaya using Agoda and then direct with the hotel, Agoda was cheaper by a ratio of about 3 to 1.
Walk in vs advance hotel booking.
Here’s a scenario you may be familiar with. A friend of mine stayed at the Siam@Siam Design hotel in Pattaya, after checking the rates on Agoda he thought he might be able to negotiate a better “walk in” rate. So at the hotel front desk he asks the rate, which turned out to be almost double the rate offered by Agoda, and it was strictly non negotiable.
Needless to say, while standing at the hotel front desk he made the booking through Agoda.
Why is on-line hotel booking cheaper than walk in ?.
You can find a hotels standard (rack) rates on the hotel website or on hotel booking sites like Agoda. The most outstanding reason hotels do not like to offer discounted rates to “walk in” guests is because it will damage their reputation, and maybe even their relationship with booking sites they have partnered with. Put simply, they do not want walk in guests to publicize the fact they negotiated a cheaper price than the online rate.
Hotels know walk in guests are not likely to spend too long walking from one hotel to another negotiating rates, and are likely to take whatever rate is offered.
Get discounted walk in rates at smaller hotels in Pattaya.
You would be mainly wasting your time trying to get walk in rates at Pattaya’s larger hotels, especially chain hotels like Hilton, Marriot, Dusit, Amari and Centara. Your best bet is to try some of Pattaya’s smaller hotels and guest houses. Don’t expect the best room in the house, you are more likely to get an inferior room which they struggle to sell online.
There are many guest houses and bed and breakfast type accommodations in Pattaya which cannot be found online, some display their room rates, some don’t. It’s this budget and backpacker type accommodation where you will have the best chance of getting a walk in deal in Pattaya.
Pattaya hotel walk in discount tips.
- Central Pattaya has a high concentration of small hotels, guest houses and rooms for rent, making it much easier to find a room at a competitive price.
- After 6 PM, and even more so after 8PM are the best times to negotiate a walk in deal.
- If possible leave your luggage outside, they will think you are less inclined to walk back out if you take your luggage inside.
Book in advance during high season.
You will never struggle to find a room in Pattaya, even in the high season. The trouble is, it might not be what you want, you may be booking your 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th choice hotel because your initial choice was fully booked.
Pattaya’s cheapest and most popular hotel rooms sell fast during high season, especially around the Christmas and New Year Period. If you know which hotel you would like to stay at, and you know the dates you will be traveling, you should think about booking at least 3 or 4 weeks in advance.
Pattaya hotels at discounted prices for booking in advance. I would imagine these deals are available on most booking sites, but I noticed a lot of “Early Booking Saver Rates” with 45 percent discounts on Agoda for bookings made 1 month in advance.
Best Pattaya Hotel Booking Sites.
Most people have a favorite booking site, their choice of booking site may largely be determined by where they do most of their traveling, and how often they travel. Whichever booking site has the largest itinerary of hotels for their chosen region usually offer the lowest rates.
Below, I’ve listed 3 hotel and accommodation booking sites which for different reasons, are very popular in Pattaya.
- Agoda.com have the largest itinerary of hotels, and usually offer the lowest rates in Thailand. If you want to collect rewards and see “members only” discounts, they are the one to use.
- HotelsCombined.com compare prices of all the major booking sites. The reason I recommend them is because unlike most price comparison sites, they don’t have that annoying habit of opening multiple windows or tabs.
- HomeAway offer the largest choice of alternative accommodation in Pattaya, twice as many as Airbnb. So if you’re looking for a holiday apartment, condo or home this is where you will find the best options. You can contact any property owner direct via the on-site messenger service. No matter whether you’re booking a family holiday, traveling with your pet, or planning to entertain guests overnight. Contacting the owner is a sure way to be certain you get exactly what you need.
Book a Hotel Without a Credit Card
Book without a credit card inside Thailand: This is very handy if you are traveling to Pattaya from another place in Thailand and you do not have, or do not with to use a credit card. Payment methods include ATM, and 7-Eleven counter service. This non credit card payment facility is available through r24.org.
Book a hotel in Pattaya from abroad without using a credit card: This will work within Thailand as well, but the choice of hotels which can be reserved without credit card details is still very small. First you must start by browsing Pattaya hotels on Agoda.com. Set the price filters to “low to high”, to reveal the no credit card required facility you must click to view the hotel. It may take you quite a few clicks but you will soon find many of the cheaper hotels and guest houses which can be booked without a credit card.
Booking Joiner Friendly Hotels in Pattaya
Joiner friendly hotels, also known as “guest friendly” and often referred to in Pattaya as “girl friendly” hotels are hotels which do not charge an additional fee known as a “joiner fee” when you take a guest to stay in your room overnight.
Most hotels in Pattaya are joiner friendly, all they require is that you book the room for 2 people, and that your guest reports to the hotel front desk with their ID card or passport. But be warned, do not assume all hotels in Pattaya are joiner friendly, those which are not charge joiner fees between 200 to 1,500 baht per night.
To find a guest friendly hotel in Pattaya you can either contact the hotel yourself or choose your hotel from a list of guest friendly hotels in Pattaya.
Finding Family Friendly Hotels in Pattaya
Reviews are one the most important features when it comes to choosing the right hotel, I would say even more so when searching for a suitable hotel for your family vacation.
On Agoda you can set your search filters to search for hotels in Pattaya by review rating for “families with young children” or families with teens. Entering your travel dates and number of guests will show you the most appropriate rooms. You can further filter by price, area and accommodation type.
More tips on finding family accommodation in Pattaya, and a list of some of the most popular family hotels in Pattaya.
Pet Friendly Hotels in Pattaya
Before booking any pet friendly hotel or pet friendly accommodation in Pattaya it is most important that you contact the hotel or property owner direct first. So far as hotels are concerned “pet friendly” usually means dogs are the only pets allowed, and then there are usually further restrictions on size, breed, and number of pets allowed.
I have compiled a list of pet friendly hotels in Pattaya, included in the list are the contact details for each hotel.
You could probably find a more pet friendly environment and less restrictions on the type of pet by booking an alternative accommodation type. Two sites I recommend you try are HomeAway for pet friendly condos and apartments in Pattaya.
For pet friendly villas and homes in Pattaya, take a look at what’s available on Clickstay.
Areas of Pattaya
The descriptions of the different areas of Pattaya (below) will provide an overview of what is happening, what is available, and hopefully help you decide which area of Pattaya is suitable for you.
The large shaded areas show Central, South, North Pattaya and Naklua, Jomtien, Na Jomtien and Pratumnak Hill. Further details on the map show Pattaya’s main nightlife zones, beaches, shopping malls and points of interest. A description of each area in Pattaya (below) corresponds with the information on the map.
View Pattaya For Visitors in a larger map
- Map area: BLUE
- Nightlife spots within walking distance of hotels in Central Pattaya include Walking Street, Soi Diana Inn, Soi LK Metro, Soi Baukhao, South Pattaya-Land and Pattaya Beach Road.
- Shopping malls in the vicinity of Central Pattaya: The Avenue, Royal Garden Plaza, Mike’s Shopping Mall, Central Festival Pattaya Beach Mall. Also within walking distance is Friendship supermarket and Soi Baukhao Tuesday and Friday Market.
- Entertainment and Amusements around Central Pattaya: Cinema at Central Festival Beach Mall and the Avenue Mall, Tenpin Bowling at Central Festival Beach Mall and the Avenue Mall. Ripley’s Believe It Or Not, Sky Rider Balloon, and Louis Tussauds World of Wax at Royal Garden Plaza. 9 Ball Pool at the Avenue and Soi Diana Inn, snooker tables upstairs at Mike’s Department Store, public swimming pool on the roof of Mike’s Shopping Mall. Mario Land children’s arcade and amusements at Central Festival Beach Mall. Swimming, Banana Boat rides and Para-sending at Pattaya Beach.
- Food and drink: There’s just about every kind of food imaginable available in Central Pattaya, Thai street food, steak houses, western restaurants, KFC, Burger King, McDonald’s, Swensen ice cream, even Japanese and Korean food.
- Getting around: Within walking distance of most nightlife and shopping venues. Baht buses are regular, and motorcycle taxi ranks can be found on almost every street corner.
- Good for: Nightlife, shopping, amusements, beach, dining, lots of hotels and guest houses in all price ranges.
- Map area: GREEN
- Nightlife in South Pattaya: Very close to Walking Street, South Pattaya-Land and Beach Road, still within easy reach of venues in Central Pattaya.
- Shopping in South Pattaya: Royal Garden Plaza, Mike’s Department Store, Soi Baukhao Market and Friendship supermarket are all both close by.
- Entertainment and amusements: Same as Central Pattaya but Central Festival Beach Mall is about a 15 minute walk. The 2 Sky Ball and a Go Kart track at Bali Hai are both within walking distance.
- Food and drink: Same as Central Pattaya, with the added bonus of some first class seafood restaurants on Walking Street.
- Getting around: Same as Central Pattaya, there is lots you can see and do on foot, but baht buses and motorcycle taxis are always available.
- Good for: Nightlife, shopping, beach, dining, good choice of hotels.
- Map area: GREY
- Nightlife in North Pattaya: There’s a couple of bar complexes on Second Road and Beach Road, girlie bars on Soi 6, and Sois 7 and 8 are still within walking distance.
- Shopping: Big C shopping complex is the most convenient, but all the major shopping malls can easily be reached by baht bus or taxi.
- Entertainment and amusements: Cinema at Big C, Tenpin Bowling, Pool and Snooker above Tops supermarket, Badminton and Tennis at Fairtex sports center, swimming and water activities at Pattaya Beach. Two of Pattaya’s most famous Lady-boy cabaret shows, Tiffany’s and Alcazar are in North Pattaya, and there is a pistol shooting facility in the basement of Tiffany’s.
- Food and drink: Still lots of options for Thai, western, street food and fast food.
- Getting around: lots to see and do within walking distance, or take a baht bus north on Second Road, south on Beach Road, lots of motorcycle taxi ranks.
- Good for: nightlife, shopping, cabaret shows, beach, dining, good choice of hotels.
Naklua & Wongamat
- Map area: BROWN
- Nightlife in Naklua: Not much nightlife to speak of in Naklua, but there are bars on Naklua Road and the roads down to Wongamat Beach. Naklua is a good choice for families or anyone who doesn’t want to be amongst the nightlife.
- Shopping in Naklua: No major shopping malls here but plenty of corner shops and 7-11’s to stock up on essentials.
- Entertainment and amusement: Aside from beach activities and a visit to the Sanctuary of Truth there’s not an awful lot to do. children might appreciate a visit to Lan Pho public park, and the local fresh market is worth a visit.
- Food and drink: Some excellent seafood restaurants, an excellent Thai and western food restaurant (Rim Talay) on Wongamat Beach, and also night time beach barbecues in front of the resorts.
- Getting around: Unless you plan on staying on the beach all day, or do a lot of walking, you’ll be dependent on hotel shuttles, motorcycle taxis and baht buses.
- Good for: family holidays, beach holidays, seafood.
- Map area: ORANGE
- Jomtien nightlife: There is one bar complex of note on Soi Rompho, a couple of Go-Go bars, and some open fronted bars on the sois off Jomtien Beach Road, mainly concentrated on the northern end of Jomtien. Nightlife here is fairly quiet and family orientated.
- Shopping: There is a night market on Jomtien Beach Road and a food market on Soi Rompho, Thepprasit night market is only a short baht bus ride away. Many souvenir stalls and convenience stores on Jomtien Beach Road.
- Entertainment and amusements: Beach activities, including Jet Ski riding, Banana Boats and para-sending are popular. There is an Elephant trekking center and a shooting range close by. Pattaya Water Park is an excellent family day out, the park also has a selection children’s rides and a tower shot, if you have a head for heights there is a cable ride to the top of Pattaya Park Tower.
- Food and drink: Good choice of Thai and western restaurants, some popular seafood restaurants, most notably Pu Pen at the southern end of Jomtien Beach Road.
- Getting around: Baht bus or taxi is the best way to travel any substantial distance, baht buses run regular from Jomtien Beach Road to Pattaya.
- Good for: family holiday, beach, dining, good choice of accommodation in all price ranges.
- Map area: RED/PINK
- Nightlife: Similar to Naklua, a fairly quiet area but conveniently close to Walking Street and South Pattaya.
- Shopping: 1 or 2 mini marts, corner shops and 7-11’s.
- Entertainment: This area is within easy reach of Bali Hai, Bali High Viewing Point, Pattaya Viewing Point, the Buddha on the hill, the Fitness Park and Pattaya Water Park.
- Food and drink: Good choice of restaurants in the area, some of the most highly rated restaurants in Pattaya are on Pratumnak and Thappraya roads.
- Getting around: Baht buses operate between Pattaya and Jomtien on Pratumnak and Thappraya roads.
- Good for: dining, convenient location close to Walking Street, and not far from Jomtien.
- Map area: YELLOW
- Nightlife: You can forget about nightlife in Na Jomtien, except for some nice little beach bars, resort bars, and restaurants.
- Shopping: Nearest shops to most resorts will actually be convenience stores and mini marts on the highway.
- Entertainment: There are 2 Wind Surfing and Kite Boarding schools on Na Jomtien Beach, The Jomtien Elephant Trekking Center and a Shooting range are a short way up the highway. Other attractions just a short ride away are the Cartoon Network Amazone water park, Pattaya Floating Market, Mimosa, Alangkarn Theater, and Nong Nooch Gardens.
- Food and drink: Na Jomtien can probably boast the best beach restaurants in the Pattaya area, The Glass House and The View both have tables right on the beach. A little further north there is a row of restaurants on the waters edge. South of the Ocean Marina Yacht Club, only accessible via the highway is Pattaya’s most famous seafood restaurant, ‘Preecha Seafood’.
- Getting around: Unless you have your own transport you will have to use hotel shuttle services or baht buses on the highway. Baht buses run regular in both directions, and at 20 – 30 baht per person they are extremely cheap.
- Good for: Beach holidays and family holidays, beach dining, relaxing, wind surfing and kite boarding.
Distances from Central Pattaya.
- Central Pattaya Road to North Pattaya Road = 1.7 kilometers.
- Central Pattaya Road to South Pattaya Road = 1.14 kilometers.
- Central Pattaya Road to Jomtien = 4.6 kilometers.
- Central Pattaya Road to Wongamat Beach = 3.14 kilometers.
- Central Pattaya Road to Na Jomtien Beach = 11 kilometers.